Friday, September 3, 2010

The nursery...

When we first found out we were expecting, our plan was to put the baby in our room for a while until we figured out how we were going to arrange the kids.  Then, when we learned that it is going to be a girl, everything changed.  We have moved the boys into the same room and plan to get bunk beds for them.  Right now, they are sharing a queen bed that our guests normally use.  However, since we have finished the basement, the queen bed will move downstairs and they will have room for bunks.  This is what the nursery currently looks like.  We haven't done much except paint and move a few pieces of furniture in, but we still have (a little) time.





We went with green because neither of us wanted so much pink.  There is green in the crib skirt and we will add art to the wall that incorporates pinks and purples.  The dresser was a light wood color, but we painted white and plan to add some glass knobs.  I tried painting one of the knobs pink, but Big Daddy said it looked cheesy, so we will buy the ones we want from Anthropologie.  Rita found the glider/ottoman at a garage sale for a good price but it needs cushions.  That will be my next project.

My first project was the crib skirt.  I mentioned before that I found a great tutorial for it here and that is what I followed.  I made it in one (full) day and I am super pleased with how it turned out.  Like Kathy said, it was A LOT of fabric to deal with, but it was well worth it.


No comments: