Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thrifting...



Thrifting finds from the last couple of trips.
I would not normally talk about how much things cost, but when I get such a good deal, I must share.
Aluminum Bundt Pan: $2.99 (!)
Mason/Ball jars (I hope to start canning this year): $.49 each
White ceramic pitcher: $1.00
Sheets (to be turned into jammy pants): $1.50 for both
Sewing patterns: $.49 each
Chicken vase: $1.49
Box of sewing notions: $2.50 (Not including the wooden chest it is in, that was $5.99)
Round floor quilt: $2.99

I'm so excited!  I joined this challenge where I will not buy anything new (as in new at the store, does not include thrifted things) for myself or my home for a whole year.  However, I think I may be doing the wrong thing because I have used it as an excuse to shop at all my favorite thrift stores way too much!  I may be defeating the purpose, I'm not sure.

No comments: