Thursday, August 19, 2010

Planning the baby bedding...

Now that we have found out that we are having a girl, I want to start making stuff for her.  For the time being, the crib will be in our bedroom.  First of all, our bedroom is huge.  Second, we haven't really made any plans to change the boys' rooms around.  My first project (I think) will be a bed skirt for the crib.  I found what looks like a great tutorial here.  I love the ruffles and the fullness.  I would like to make it colorful, but not necessarily all pink.  This is what I am thinking so far:


We bought this DwellStudio for Target crib sheet.  The pink is more vibrant that what it appears on my screen though.


I am loving this Amy Butler fabric.  I know it doesn't appear like it goes with the crib sheet, but I just love it.  This is what I'm thinking of using for the crib skirt.  However, I have not approved it by Big Daddy yet.  He's not as...um...bold as I am with mixing patterns.  Although, he has grown by leaps and bounds since I have been working on him for the last ten years!


I am going to a shop tomorrow to look at other fabrics for the skirt and will let you know what I find.  There are just so many that I love.  Maybe I will pick an Amy Butler line and make something from all the fabrics.  Would that be too much?

No comments: