Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yellow...

On my thrifting trip yesterday, I found the most wonderful matelasse cover and shams.  I have been looking for one for some time and was excited to find a king size.  And the color...yellow!  I do not have a good history with yellow, spending most of my life despising it, knowing that it does not go well with my pale skin color and rosy cheeks.  However, lately, I've had this weird draw towards it.  Everything I bought while thrifting was yellow!  Yellow sheets and pillowcases, yellow cover and shams, yellow aprons!  It's crazy.

So do you want to see it?  Can you wait?  Here it is...


And a close-up...


Did you notice the dark walls?  When we first moved in and I was painting, I thought that a dark room would help me sleep better as I am bothered by any light.  But I really want to change it now.  It is too dark and with it being dreary outside and getting dark so early, I only have a couple hours of decent light in my room.  I need light because all of my sewing supplies are in my room and even ironing is difficult in there.  So this is what part of one wall looks like right now...


None of these are right, so I will keep trying.  I do want a lighter/tanish/puttyish (makes perfect sense, right?) color and need to do it soon because Big Daddy is TIRED of looking at this when he comes home from a long days work.  So if anyone has any suggestions of colors that fall into this category, please help me.

No comments: