Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What we've been up to...

Well, where do I start?  Our most recent home project has been finishing the basement.  We hated seeing almost 700 sq ft of space not being used.  It has been time consuming and costly, but it is a valuable use of space for us.  We put an additional bedroom and bathroom down there as well as a large room to use for entertainment.  It has turned out pretty nicely; although, not quite finished.  We still need to finish some tile work in the bathroom, as well as, some painting.

Moving on to our most recent LIFE project...we are going to have a new baby!  We are so excited by this as we tried for a couple of years and, finally, after some trials and tribulations, we have been blessed.  I am due January 3, 2011 (16 weeks along).  I had an ultrasound every week during the first trimester because my OB/GYN wanted to make sure things were progressing well.  I had another one last week at 15 weeks and all was still well.  The doc said we may be able to see if it is a boy or girl, but the little booger had it's legs crossed around the umbilical cord.  We're just pleased that it is healthy and growing!

I was ill most of the first trimester, but the sickiness faded around 14 weeks.  Now I have just been extremely tired (and slightly moody, but no need to mention that).  I'm not really showing yet, but I look like I had a lot of Mexican food to eat and am very bloated!  I was lucky to have my sisters and a neighbor share their maternity clothes, so I don't have to worry about shopping for those, thank goodness!

I will have another visit next month and hopefully will be able to share boy or girl (I am not patient enough to not find out).  I'll keep you updated!

No comments: